[gcompris-devel] Release 8.4.8

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Thu Dec 25 21:53:42 UTC 2008

Lars Vogdt wrote:

> I miss the "eu" and "fr" help directories - is this intended?

Yes, this was intended in order to make "make distcheck" pass.  The
installation of the English documentation was disabled long time ago
as it became seriously outdated, so it doesn't make sense to install
only translations.

Of course, this is a temporary workaround -- the long term fix would
be someone familiar with GCompris' architecture and future development
plans to update the manual, and translators to update their
translations.

(FWIW, just in case it's not clear -- I'm not a GCompris developer and
naturally only the maintainers can make an authoritative statement;
but as this was due to a change of mine I felt obliged to respond.)