[gcompris-devel] GCompris / Mac

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Dec 19 17:49:50 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 19 décembre 2008 à 11:30 -0500, Ajay.Gautam at rbsgc.com a
écrit :
> Hello.
>
> 1. The download page: http://gcompris.net/-Download- says that the
> fink package is unmaintained. But the Fink page
> (http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/gcompris) has Last Changed
> date of July 08. If a maintainer is still required, I volunteer.

Yes, they provide a new version but only in source form. We can hardly
say it's maintained.

> 2. Is someone working on a native port of GCompris to Mac? If yes, I
> would like to join the effort. If not, are these others interested in
> joining me in the effort?

Not to my knowledge. Yes we would love to have a Mac version, you are
welcome.

So far, we tried to make the port using imendio gtk but we ended up in
having GCompris runing but with no refresh. I mean when you clicked
somewhere, nothing happened until you moved the window :/

It maybe that the new 8.5 branch based on goocanvas maybe easier to
port.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids