[gcompris-devel] [Goocanvas-devel] SVG rescaling support

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Dec 2 22:43:07 UTC 2008

Le mardi 02 décembre 2008 à 15:01 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro a
écrit :
> Regarding perfect rendering, well, I think it would require
> introspection of the full CTM applied to a canvas item, extract the
> final on-screen size, temporarily reverse the CTM and draw the image
> surface directly at the correct size.  It is extremely tricky to get
> right and only works if no rotation/shearing effects are enabled in
> the CTM of the canvas item.  So, don't worry about this, it is really
> not worth pursuing.

OK, I am somewhat happy that I understood the issue. In case we would
like to pursue this idea, I did not found a way to draw on a cairo
surface bypassing the CTM. Is this issue specific to goocanvas ? how are
other users solving it. Perhaps we could ask cairo people about our
problem, maybe they have or plan a solution ?

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids