[gcompris-devel] GCompris and Edubuntu on iTWire

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Aug 4 20:33:47 UTC 2008

iTWire has a look at using Linux for pre-school education. The author
installed Edubuntu on some older machines for his child's pre-school
with excellent results. "There are a rich suite of components making up
Edubuntu. For me the standout was GCompris which consists of many fun
activities involving mathematics, science, geography, reading and
spelling, memory development and more."

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19805/1141/

The list is pretty quiet these days but the development continues on
GCompris under the gcomprixogo development branch. So far I made
progress on the animation activity but it's far from complete.

Beside that I am making some fixes that should have been done a long
time ago like removing the need for the OK button in most activities.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids