[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sun Sep 30 10:29:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 September 2007 09:03:51 Terje Bergström wrote:
> I seem to have lost the paintings puzzle which I have
> used previously for performance testing, but in the tangram puzzle the
> pieces get dragged around in real time.

It seems libshapegame has an unknown symbol at the moment:

gcompris: Failed to open module /usr/lib/gcompris/libshapegame.so with name
shapegame (error=/usr/lib/gcompris/libshapegame.so: undefined symbol:
gnome_canvas_polygon_get_type)

This is why paintings puzzle is not working. Looking further.

> There is still a long lag between clicking on an activity in menu and
> getting it started, or clicking on "home" in activity and getting back to
> menu, or clicking on basically anything in the bottom row and getting a
> response. I'll try to see what could be the problem. Any ideas are welcome.
> Perhaps the touch screen is not treated the same way as mouse clicks or
> something like that.

One thing I notice is that the plugins are scanned every time I go back to
menu. So I'm getting error messages about missing python, and missing
libshapegame.so often. Perhaps this scanning is making actions slow?

Best regards,
Terje