[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Tue Sep 25 04:58:29 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Patrick GOLDBRONN <pgoldbronn at free.fr> wrote:

> No, because gcompris need the both to use libgnomecanvas and libart_gpl
> include (art_config.h in particular). Instead of $(top_builddir)/src, we
> could use ../ (it's the same ;-) )

Hi,

While discussing Makefiles, I got frustrated about slow gcompris on N800,
and tried to play with optimization flag. Unfortunately the optimization
flags from top Makefile do not get propagated to libart_gpl and (if I
remember correctly) libgnomecanvas. I tried to take a look at them, but
couldn't figure out what was the problem and why the flags were propagated
to some subcomponents but not all.

Could somebody give a hint on how to get around this? I'd really like to
enable usage of the processor's floating point arithmetics instead of
emulated ones.

If somebody has some other ideas on what are the hot spots in gcompris, i.e.
where does it use all the processor cycles, please let me know.

Best regards,
Terje