[gcompris-devel] how to use libgnomecanvas and libart in gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Sep 23 21:33:55 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 23 septembre 2007 à 21:31 +0200, Patrick GOLDBRONN a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> When I compile gcompris I get some undefined symbol when gcompris load
> libpython.so (from libgnomecanvas and libart)
>
> To solve, I added ../libibgnomecanvas/libgnomecanvas-2.a and
> ../libart_lgpl/libart_lgpl_2.a in libpython_la_LIBADD in
> src/board/Makefile.am
>
> I don't know if it is right or if I did another mistake.

I had the same and fixed these in the gcomprixo branch this week end. I
just ported my hack back in trunk. Please have a test.

Your fix proposal makes sense but I am not sure it's the good way
because we would link staticaly libgnomecanvas with gcompris binary and
the libpython binding. That probably works but it's strange.
I made a hack to force missing symbols to be included in gcompris core.
Their is probably a better way but at least, we don't have the code
twice. If somebody understand the issue, a clean solution is welcome.

What happens is that we compile statically gcompris and libgnomecanvas
but some unused symbols are stripped. But our python binding needs them
and we fail to dlopen it.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids