[gcompris-devel] String freeze, call for translation for GCompris 8.4 Final

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Thu Sep 6 22:07:59 UTC 2007

Op Donderdag 2007-09-06 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007 à 18:48 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> > Op Donderdag 2007-08-16 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> > > GCompris 8.4 entered string freeze. We plan to make a final version or
> > > an RC1 depending on our confidence on the code stability.
> > >
> > > The po files must be updated in the trunk of our svn.
> > >
> > > Please update your translations before the September 6th.
> > >

> > Ok, here we are on the 6th and I'm just wondering where we stand. Our
> > translation is committed (thanks Bruno). Is there still time to work on
> > voices for inclusion in version 8.4?
> >

> I am sick today, and won't make the release for sure. Let's turn it the
> way around, how much time do you need.

I'm a bit constrained until about next weekend, but would have tried to
do it _perhaps_ by Saturday evening. I don't want you to wait for me,
because I can't make a promise now that I know I can keep. I also don't
know how long the post-processing will take. So please don't wait for
us.

> BTW, by experience, since only few people test the pre releases, there
> are always some error feedback just after the final release. I usually
> issue a new release within 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> Bruno.

Yes :-(  Finding testers can be difficult, especially for a non-trivial
application.