[gcompris-devel] New release 8.4.2 (maintenance release)

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 30 20:39:12 UTC 2007

Le mardi 30 octobre 2007 à 12:35 +0200, Slava Dubrovskiy a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin пишет:
> > I am uploading a new maintenance release (8.4.2), here are the release
> > notes:
> >
> Thanks big.
> There is a problem with playing voices. A part of sounds it is not audible.
> For example in "reading/clic_on_letter" does not say the letter. Both in
> en and in ru locale.
>
> voices/$LOCALE/alphabet/U043E.ogg - no sound

I checked and confirm the issue.

I seems like we have broken ogg files
To play an ogg files from the command line using the same audio path we
are using, use:
gst-launch filesrc location=U0449.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

I found out that it doesn't play and return the error:
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_event_new_new_segment_full: assertion `start
<= stop' failed

I opened it in audacity, then exported it in ogg and the new one works
(I did not commited it).

The loop above gives the size and name of ogg files and display the ogg
error:
 for f in *.ogg; do ls -l $f; gst-launch filesrc location=$f !
oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample 2>&1 | grep CRIT;
done

I sounds like files under 7900 bytes fails to be played. We already had
this issue with older gstreamer. I tested on Gutsy where gstreamer is
0.10.14.

I think the best is to open a bug on lauchpad.