[gcompris-devel] Development status

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 30 00:06:40 UTC 2007

A little status on what's going on. I am working on major code
restructuring and it will take months before something stable can be
released. I am working on a goocanvas port. You can have a look at its
API here ( http://library.gnome.org/devel/goocanvas/unstable/ ).

This development is in the gcomprixogoo branch. For now everything
compiles against the goocanvas, there is no gnomecanvas code anymore in
this branch. So far, about 10 activities are fully ported. The most
annoying part of the port is the event change for the drag and drop. For
most part, the changes are really obvious.

Once the C side will be done, we will have to integrate the goocanvas
python bindings and port our python activities.

I don't enhance GCompris activities during the port until it makes it
easier. I mostly focus on making a iso functional port.

When done, we will have to leverage the SVG canvas item we have, it will
allow us to a a screen size independant GCompris. No more need to change
the screen resolution for the fullscreen mode. For this part, we will
have to replace all our bitmap images by SVG images.

Last step, I would like to review all our activities to make them
playable without the mouse, it's good for accessibility.

Of course, if you want to help in any of these task, you're welcome.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids