[gcompris-devel] GCompris port to the goocanvas.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Oct 15 19:49:39 UTC 2007

Le lundi 15 octobre 2007 à 22:09 +0300, Terje Bergström a écrit :
> On 10/15/07, Terje Bergström <terje at terje.fi> wrote:
>         On 10/15/07, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:
>                 Terje, I would love to see the performance of it on
>                 the N800. To test
>                 it:
>                 svn co
>                 http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gcompris/branches/gcomprixogoo
>                 sh autogen.sh && make (it will crash in src/boards)
>                 cd src/goocanvas && sudo make install && cd ../..
>                 cd src/gcompris && sudo make install && cd ../..
>         Ok, in order to test this on N800 I'll have to port goocanvas.
>         As this has also dependency to Cairo, which is not in current
>         N800 software release, I'll have to figure out how to get
>         Cairo, too. So it'll take a bit of time.
>
> The dialog pops up about one second faster than in gcompris-8.4, i.e.
> in about two seconds instead of three.

That's not too bad, not usable yet but we are going in the right
direction.

Today I got a contribution on the goocanvas-devel mailing list for an
rsvg based canvas image. I will integrate it and replace the
confirmation dialog by an svg image. Hopefully will get a good speedup.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1192307450.4183.13.camel%40bruno&forum_name=goocanvas-devel

BTW, I am not sure if I will have enough time tonight.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids