[gcompris-devel] gcompris+gstreamer = no audio

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Oct 14 09:49:31 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 14 octobre 2007 à 11:27 +0200, Antoine Jacoutot a écrit :
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > I saw it but I wanted to be sure you also have the ogg support.
>
> Ok ;)
>
> > Try to run 'gcompris -D' to activate debug traces. Hopefully, we will
>
> Yeah, I've alredy done that and did not find anything obvious. Anyway, I
> post the output here, maybe you'll be able to find something I missed.
>
> > get some feedback. For information, the code for the audio player is in
> > src/gcompris/soundutil.c.

I don't see either. It's like we really play sounds but you don't get
them. We use the default pipeline building and what may happen is that
it uses the wrong audio back end on your system. I believe there is a
configuration to do for gstreamer on your system to help it chose the
right one.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids