[gcompris-devel] gcompris+gstreamer = no audio

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Oct 14 09:16:28 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 14 octobre 2007 à 11:03 +0200, Antoine Jacoutot a écrit :
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > You can try by hand if gstreamer can play an oggvorbis file by running
> > the following command (replace X.ogg by an ogg file location), all on
> > one line:
> > gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=X.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
> > audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink
>
> As I said in my mail, using gst-* tools directly works just fine.
> Although in your exemple I would s/alsasink/osssink

I saw it but I wanted to be sure you also have the ogg support.
Try to run 'gcompris -D' to activate debug traces. Hopefully, we will
get some feedback. For information, the code for the audio player is in
src/gcompris/soundutil.c.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids