[gcompris-devel] gcompris+gstreamer = no audio

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Oct 13 21:28:58 UTC 2007

Le samedi 13 octobre 2007 à 17:53 +0200, Antoine Jacoutot a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I'm the OpenBSD package maintainer for gcompris.
> Since the switch from sdl-mixer to gstreamer (gcompris-8.4) I don't seem
> to be able to get sounds anymore :(
> It compiles, packages and runs withouth any issue besides the fact that
> there's no audio. I don't know a lot about gstreamer although I have no
> problem having sound using the different gst-* utilities directly, it
> works fine.
> Also, the gstreamer-properties from gnome-media confirms that audio
> works... I could really use some help as I've been stuggling with this
> issue for some time now.
>
> Let me know if you need anymore info, but as I don't get any error
> output, it's hard...

You can try by hand if gstreamer can play an oggvorbis file by running
the following command (replace X.ogg by an ogg file location), all on
one line:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=X.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids