[gcompris-devel] Release 8.4.1

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Oct 11 23:15:07 UTC 2007

I just released a new version 8.4.1. It incorporates the following
changes:

* Added Breton support (from trunk) by Alan Monfort and Victoire
(voices).
* Added brazil map in geography country by Elisa de Castro Guerra
* In chronos, fixed missing translation by Ronny Standtke
* In shape type activity (puzzles), fixed a bad offset making the placement hazardous.
* Major little change. Now all the images get the focus went the mouse enter their
  bounding box and not when it's on a non transparent area.
  It's sometimes hard to click on images when they have transparent area in them.
* MAJOR FIX by Hans de Goede: the focus IS now given to GCompris when in fullscreen
  with xvidmode.
* Improved the Gimp script that create GCompris shapegame activity.
  It's now fully documented in French: http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Faire_un_puzzle

Just to clarify a little bit, we have 3 branches:

- 8.4.1 (svn trunk): The stable version.
- 8.3.4 (svn branches/GCOMPRIS_8_3): The stable version for Windows.
  This version exist only because I have not yet updated my build
  environment on Windows to support the gstreamer audio backend. Until I
  can build the 8.4 on Windows, I backport the main fixes and features
  from 8.4 in this branch.
- 8.5 (svn branches/gcomprixo): This is where all the development work
  goes. It's a major re-factoring to allow us to provide independent
  activities to the OLPC project, and others.

I updated our wiki to track this:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Developer%27s_corner

--
Bruno Coudoin