[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Tue Oct 9 14:52:16 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 02:20:37 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> To confirm the resizing of a large image is the root cause, can you try
> to remove the display of help_bg.png in gcompris_confirm.c.

That's right, when I remove loading the background pixmap, the three second
lag is gone! It took me a while to remove all the debug statements. :-)

The size of the screen is 800x480, so I run gcompris in 640x480 mode. Is there
a list of pictures that I could resize during package build time to make

Terje