[gcompris-devel] SOS_I remove the articles from English section of gcompris website

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 2 00:00:21 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2007 à 13:48 +0300, Yannis Kaskamanidis a
écrit :
> When I was translating the website of gcompris into greek language, I
> remove the articles from English section of gcompris website. Please,
> tell me what can I do to recover the english section.

I did my best to recover as much as possible your work and it's not too
bad. I saved all your articles but could not save the structure. I did
put all your article at at the top level in the el section. You just
have to move them in their proper section.

To move an article, in the admin part, click on it, click on the edit
button then use the drop down menu to select it's parent directory.

For other translators, I updated the screenshots sections for those who
did not have them yet.

Please other translators, have a look to check I did not broke
something. I had to manipulate raw xml to move greek out of the English
way.

I added a warning in the wiki that explains the translation process.
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Web_site_translation

Yannis please review the wiki page and check if there are something we
can document better so that you would not have done the mistake. By the
way, did you understood your mistake? to me, you overwrited the english
translation instead of making a new one.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids