[gcompris-devel] GCompris-sound effects disabled

bruno.coudoin at free.fr bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Jul 20 15:47:50 UTC 2007

Selon Yannis <ttnfy17 at yahoo.gr>:

> *When I'm trying to launch GCompris from console I get this message:*

There are maybe 2 different problems, first look at this forum:

Try to follow the recommendation to comment these 3 lines in your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
#       InputDevice     "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
#       InputDevice     "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
#       InputDevice     "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Now the sound issue:

> gcompris: Failed to build the gstreamer pipeline

Try to play an ogg file with a gstreamer based media player like totem or
rhythmbox. You probably miss the ogg plugin that is in a specific package name
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base in ubuntu.