[gcompris-devel] Fatal Python error

Jacques Bon jbon at cafcom.net
Sat Jul 14 10:26:02 UTC 2007

Le Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:26:47 +0200
Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> a écrit :

> No, GCompris does not require Gnome at all. The gnomecanvas is a GTK
> application.

Thanks Bruno.

I've just recompiled my pygtk and could run successfully GCompris, both
autopackage and home-compiled version. I had to add to Slackware :
pycairo, pygobject, pygtk, sqlite and pysqlite.

It seems there is still an error as the xterm gives me the message :

 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):

Abd while doing ./configure, I had the message "pygtk installed but not
visible from python" (had to use --enable-py-build-only)

I tried to install pygtk in /usr instead of /usr/local with the same
result. I've already had this pb in the past but can't remeber how I'd
solve it...

Work in progress...
 --
Jacques Bon