[gcompris-devel] Goocanvas port status

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Dec 10 21:32:06 UTC 2007

Thinks are pretty quiet these days but be assure the development is very
active. I started porting GCompris to the Goocanvas instead of the
venerable gnomecanvas. I already got the core and all the C activities
ported. I just started the python one this week end.

It's a hard work and sadly does not makes any visible improvements.
Anyway, it's important to base our work on a more modern drawing library
(Goovanvas uses a cairo backend). I believe there are still one or two
monthes of work before we can get a beta of this work.

In the mean time, I continue to maintain GCompris and integrate
contributions. If you have activities ideas and want to code, you are
welcome ;)

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids