[gcompris-devel] devel instruction

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Tue Aug 28 17:24:07 UTC 2007

jjorge at free.fr a écrit :
> Citando bruno patin <bruno.patin at wanadoo.fr>:
>
>> the install.sh but not the install reading too fast). As I think I will
>> install again one distribution, do you think there is a best one for
>> gcompris work?
>>

> Mouahah do you really want to troll on this list? ;-P
> Anyway, I use Mandriva 2007.1, it just rocks high above others ;-)

Best distribution to develop with is the one you are happy to run.
GCompris needs correct build system (decently recent gcc, make,
autoconf, automake...), gtk-dev files, python-dev files, pygtk-dev,
libgstreamer0.10-dev, libxml2-dev. And a decent editor like emacs, of
course.

debian and derivated allow you to install all needed files with
something like "apt-get build-dep gcompris". Once you have this dev fies
installed, all distributions are equivalent (from a gcompris point of
view). Anyway everybody knows debian is better than other distributions.

--
yves