[gcompris-devel] too french icons

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Aug 27 21:40:43 UTC 2007

Le lundi 27 août 2007 à 23:22 +0200, Yves Combe a écrit :
> José a écrit :
> > hi,
> >
> > I just noticed the icons for imageid and imagereading have french words. Won't
> > this be a problem for other locales?
> >
> > José
> >
> No, french is the universal language for culture and education ;-)

Another way to see it is that we took random text to represent something
on the icons, and as French is complex and fuzzy, anything random looks
like french.

> Anyway the way to i18n icon is to use svg and the i18n xml tool. other
> solution should be not to use words in icons.

Well, I don't think we need to go that far, I think we could replace
french by another language with non latin characters, it's just a matter
to display text.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids