[gcompris-devel] Introduction, questions

John Scofield jscofiel at nd.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:57:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am programmer/phd student and have been loving GCompris for my kids
(ages 3 and 5).  Anyway, I have a couple questions and would like
suggestions:

1.  Has anyone ever done a Latin translation of GCompris (yes - a bit
geeky - but I have taught Latin on the k-8 level here in the US and
think it might have offered a fun way of learning colors/etc).
2. I am on the technology committee of a new school that is being
built.  I want to broach the subject of heading down the GNU/Linux route
as well as incorporating GCompris.  I fear there may be resistance from
the newly appointed administration,  but think it would solve many
problems.  This is probably not the forum for asking this question, but
I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks,

John Scofield