[gcompris-devel] sdl sound

Olivier Samyn osamyn at easynet.be
Tue May 18 10:55:05 UTC 2004

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

>>> Ouch, it's sad it's no so easy to fix. Don't see how we could make sure
>>> the audio thread has a higher priority then.
>>>
>>> The question remains open.
>>>
>>> Bruno.
>>>

>> Well the sound problem seems important for me : before (without SDL)
>> all sounds played nicely, now not!
>>
>> Isn't there a buffer size option on SDL sound?
>>

> Don't you saw my mail today on this topic. I changed the buffer size
> option in sdlplayer but I am not sure it fix it.
> Please do a cvs update and test it.

Mhhh, I just consulted the SDL docs and sources.
It seems setting the SDL_AUDIODRIVER environment variable alow you to
set the audio driver sdl have to use.

Maybe playing with this will solve your problem. Just play around with
different drivers. Depending on your configuration, some of those one
will be available: alsa, esd, dsp, arts, ...

Just 2 cents trying to help :)

Olivier.