[gcompris-devel] Cannot install Gcompris on Fedora...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Thu May 13 12:34:02 UTC 2004

Sorry, I posted the same messages every time a new versione was issued,
but what else could I do? I just downloaded version 5.2 (the file
"gcompris-5.2-1.i586.rpm", to be precise), and that is the output of
"rpm -U gcompris-5.2-1.i586.rpm":

error: Failed dependencies:
        gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        gnome-python is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        gnome-python-canvas is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        pygtk2.0 is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        libpython2.3.so.1.0 is needed by gcompris-5.2-1
        libssl.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-5.2-1

Please note that my Fedora is just Core 1, up to date. I don't have any
development packages, just the updates to Fedora Core 1.

By the way, the advisory on Gcompris web site says that no more GNOME is
needed in order to install Gcompris, so why do the first three lines
above appear in the output?

Best regards. And many congratulations for the Windows port, it's a very
good idea: I have many friends who are really looking forward to playing
it! Are there plans for a Java port, too?

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico