[gcompris-devel] SDL audio output

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue May 4 16:53:02 UTC 2004

I try to implement an SDL audio output in gcompris and believe me or
check the cvs, it WORKS and it was fairly easy to implement.

I don't saw any glitches using it so I am commiting it for others to
test. I did not moved out the old player with ao.

It brings these new dependancies:
libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0
libSDL-1.2.so.0
libsmpeg-0.4.so.0
libasound.so.2
libaudio.so.2

The great new is that not only it works like before, it work better. Now
wa do have volume control on both background and voices. Already, I mute
the background music when my wife is talking ;)

I have not tested thin on windows but I wish it works. This is the last
missing part needed to complete the port.

I made other minor changes:

- removed minouche because it's redundant with hexagone
- changed some color (more yellow). sometimes,
  our nices button are blue on blue. This makes them not look good.
- changed north-america to include a zoomed part.
  Too had to handle small parts in puzzles.

Have fun.