[gcompris-devel] Segmentation fault CVS

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Mon Jan 26 05:16:05 UTC 2004

> Bruno Coudoin schrieb:
>> Next we have to look in gameutils.c/gcompris_load_menus() why we cannot
>> load and parse xml menu files. Please, add some printf("HERE 1\n");
>> around in this code to see were it misses the load.

I found the cause of the error (no remedy, yet):

compare boards/redraw.xml.in:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<GCompris>
   <Board
          name="redraw"
          type="pythonboard"
          section="/fun/."
          mode="normal"
          difficulty="3"
          icon="boardicons/redraw.png"
          author="Bruno Coudoin (bruno.coudoin at free.fr)"
          boarddir="">
          <_title>Redraw the given item</_title>
          <_description>At each level, a drawing is displayed in the
right area.
You must redraw it in the left area.</_description>

with boards/redraw.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<GCompris>
   <Board>
          <title>Redraw the given item</title>
          <title xml:lang="cs">PÅ<99>ekreslit danou poloÅŸku</title>
          <title xml:lang="de">Zeichne den gegebenen Gegenstand nach</title>
          <title xml:lang="es">Redibujar el ememento dado</title>

So during the creation of *.xml from *.xml.in the attributes get lost.

    Christof