[gcompris-devel] update ru.po for gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Jan 18 02:31:00 UTC 2004

Le sam 17/01/2004 à 23:58, Alexey Lubimov a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin пишет:
> > Thanks, it's commited.
> >
> > BTW, where do you use gcompris in russia. School or home ?
>
> Home. Gcompris - exelent education software!
>
> But gcpmpris is not ready for russian school.

Do you mean that if these problem were fixed, it would be used ?

> 1st ptoblem - alphabyte.
>
> Letters [a-z] [A-Z] hardcoded in alphabyte boards. :(

This maybe fixed with your help. Originally, the font support was bad
and I had to create letters as images. Now we can get rid of this. This
is probably easy. Could you help us fix that or at least identify where
the problems are?

> We want use cyrillic (depends locale) in these boards.

Sure

> Russian lang packs assetml-voices-*-ru-4.2-alt1 come in next week.

That's good news.

> wordsgame is ready.
>
> /usr/share/gcompris/boards/wordsgame/wordslevel1.ru
> /usr/share/gcompris/boards/wordsgame/wordslevel2.ru
> /usr/share/gcompris/boards/wordsgame/wordslevelmax.ru

Excellent. I's like to see russian words flying around in gcompris.

> Gcompris needs some minor fixes to work fine with any non latin1 languages.

It's noted. Please help us.