[gcompris-devel] utf-8 patch

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sat Feb 28 06:44:02 UTC 2004

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Excellent. I sure could not have explained that better.
>
> What's next in your mind. Do you have plan concerning gcompris ?
>
> Bruno.

I've looked at wordgame - I'm thinking of doing similar changes.
Basically change the wordfile to look like

wordspelling wordphoenitic1,wordphoenic2,...

which would allow falling kanji words (as well as chinese, korean, and
who knows what else).

Basically, characters fall, and the child would have to type either the
spellng or any of the phonetic pronounciations.  Along with a keymap,
this would allow entering pronounciation in roman (ascii) or kana for
Japanese.

The phonetic spelling would be optional, thus compatibility with
existing wordfiles would be preserved.

Should not be too difficult to code; lots of bookkeeping and I'd have to
rewrite the main word compare loop to check all possible spelling
instead of just the one.

Maybe when I have time in the next month or two.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq