[gcompris-devel] segfaults with Fedora Core 1?

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Thu Feb 12 05:33:18 UTC 2004

I'm having some issues with fedora core 1.  Gcompris 5.1 segfaults if
the sound is turned on (no -m option).  Also, the japanese chars in
falling letters are tiny compared to the roman (ASCII) fonts.

On my home computer, which runs RH 8, all is fine.

The only difference between the two systems (besides the obvious) is
that the RH8 machine has gcc compiled from source and the FC1 machine
has gcc that came with FC1.  Given Red Hat's record for shipping broken
compilers, is it possible that FC1 gcc is somewhat broken?

Is anyone experiencing any weirdness with FC1?

(My problem is that while the RH8 machine works fine for development,
the japanese input method is badly broken on it, so I'm having to mess
around with 2 machines to do the simplest things.)

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq