[gcompris-devel] i18n falling letters

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Wed Feb 11 14:29:24 UTC 2004

Here's a patch against 5.1 gletters.c.

It's more in the proof-of-concept stage; lots of stuff is hard coded
(the charsets for each level, the keymap) and I made a total hash of the
key_press routine, but it works.  I think I need to break key_press up
into some sub-functions for funcionality and clarity.  I don't guarantee
that it doesn't leak memory like crazy, or that it won't seg-fault.
Lots of mallocs and string manipulations that I haven't checked.

Also, I had to disable logging in key_press since it kept seg-faulting.

Comments, improvements, and especially help welcome.  I would
particularly welcome help with the config file parts of this.  If
someone can look at that, and create the routines that read the correct
config files based on locale with ASCII (POSIX) defaults that would be
great.  Contact me if you want to help.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq