[gcompris-devel] cannot run gcompris (intltool problem)

Immacolata Arenga imma at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Tue Feb 10 16:12:03 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
in order to complete the italian translation I am compiling gcompris from
scratch. Actually the compile works but the software want run since it cannot
find the first menu to show.

I digged in the sources and found that it is looking for an xml file in the
board/ directory with section="/", but I found that the creation of this file
from the corresponding .xml.in remove the 'section' tag.

Moreover I noticed that 'section' isn't the only missing tag: every option tag
given to the 'Board' xml tag is removed when creating the xml file.

It seems that the 'section' is removed by the command intltool-merge, that I
have installed as version 0.29.

What version do you use?

Thanks,
Imma