[gcompris-devel] gcompris 5.0 mandrake

Jean Christophe lavieenrose at mail.dk
Thu Feb 5 12:34:03 UTC 2004

But I can see on your web side you have just one  rpm !, I am trying an
rpm -Uvh 5.0.1 and get back to you later.

Done !
I have downloaded file 5.0.1 from source forge and made an :
rpm -Uvh ....5.0-1.i586.rpm
The application is now under Applications -> educatif -> divers -> gcompris
There is no configuration button.

If I try the alphabet game I got a:
   ** ERROR **: Ne peux pas trouver le fichier
/usr/share/gcompris/boards/gcompris/letters/x.png !
    aborting...
    Aborted (core dumped)
 I found an empty directory here:
/usr/share/gcompris/boards/gcompris/letters
I think that the first time i tried the game with the new version, I saw
something about a missing assetml file. But I saw just this once and
can't find the output ! sorry.

If I try with my daughter profile,
I have to change the language each time I start the game, It's came back
automaticelly to english when I close the game.
When I change (to french!), it is working even if the titles stay in
english. The games are and "play" french.

I saw that the rpm on cooker is packaged by Lenny Cartier.
So I will not comment it anymore unless he is on this mailing list and
ask for an practical test user.

Regards
Jean Christophe