[gcompris-devel] italian assetml-voices

José JORGE jjorge at free.fr
Thu Feb 5 08:41:02 UTC 2004

Em Quinta, 5 de Fevereiro de 2004 15:15, o Francesco Agrusti escreveu:
> Hi all,
>   I'm a 24yrs old guy from Italy. I'm writing a graduate thesis about
> opensource and freesoftware use in primary school (children from 2 to 8
> yrs).
>
>   GCompris is great, our teachers are so interested in it and they want
> me to write other modules. But my first goal is to translate English
> voices in Italian, in order to use voiced exercises - like 'choose the
> right color' - with little children too. Do you know if anyone
> translated these voices in italian?

No one did it, as far as urpmi tells me.

> I've seen mail about percent translation: but that percent refers to
> text only or to voices also?

It is text only. To know which sounds to record, watch
in /usr/share/gcompris/sounds/HOWTO_ENCODE
It did portuguese sounds, and as far as I know you have all the sounds needed
in pt subdir.
I recommend to encode mono wav 16bit/44khz records with "oggenc -q -1" cause
this way it sounds good and it is the smallest possible.

José JORGE

JABBER ID : jose.jorge at 12jabber.com