[gcompris-devel] Finnish voices [was: Version Windows]

Rami Aubourg-Kaires rami.aubourg at ifrance.com
Tue Apr 27 08:25:07 UTC 2004

> > BTW, I should have a new finnish translation ready by the end of the
> > week.
>
> Excellent.
>
> Did you though about voices for finnish ;)
>
> Bruno.

Well, no, and definitely not with  _my_ voice ;-). Though I'm a native Finnish
speaker, I've been living in France for too long and thus have a slight
accent. Plus hearing a finnish male speaking can be mistaken for a bear's
grawl, in slightly less audible ;-). Might ask some female member of my
family for help, though.
I haven't looked into voices yet but if I remember well there's a How-to
somewhere for the creation of voices on Gcompris.

BTW, I'm sorry I missed you at Libr'east, but I wasn't in Paris at the time.
Maybe next time.

Rami