[gcompris-devel] Mandrake 10 & cvs version

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 09:50:02 UTC 2004

> cd src/gcompris
> ./gcompris

I did this as a normal user and got the following output:
--------------
$ ./gcompris
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output
file /home/archiv/gcompris/cvs-version/gcompris/src/gcompris/.libs/2691-lt-gcompris:
Permission denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--------------

I rerun as root and got the message from my last mail with a slight difference
at the end:
--------------
** Message: gcompris_load_menus is parsing
file /usr/local/share/gcompris/boards/minouche.xml
** Message: gcompris_read_xml_file
for /usr/local/share/gcompris/boards/minouche.xml

lt-gcompris: board.c:70: board_check_file: Assertion `gcomprisBoard!=((void *)
0)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

The core file is rather large:
# ll core.2753
-rw-------  1 root root 18702336 Apr 26 18:46 core.2753

I am not a C programmer and dont know how to handle the core file. If you tell
me what to do I will do it. Except "rm -rf /" :-)

Greetings

Ronny