[gcompris-devel] Board suggestion : babble-back machine

Yann Cochard yann at cactuspro.com
Mon Apr 26 05:43:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Please find below a suggestion of a very simple board.
I wish I were a developper to do it myself :-(

Here it is : The Babble-Back Machine.
The purpose is to send the sound received from a microphone to the speaker
after a delay of a few seconds. This delay can be changed by the user.
Even a little baby can play with this, as soon as it "babbles" ;-)
You can find a version (only windows and maybe MacOSX) there :
 - http://babbleback.sourceforge.net/wiki/0
The original idea, as said in the page above, is from there :
 - http://www.winwenger.com/part27.htm
The author explicitly says that everyone can implement it.

GCompris is a really nice program, my son (3 year old) just loves it.

I added GCompris to a French remaster of the Knoppix :
 - http://www.linux-azur.org/kla/
I used it to do a lot of demonstrations, and I have many (positive) feedbacks.
I also have suggestions and bug reports, where do I send them? Here on the
list? Or directly to Bruno? (I would prefer to do the later, in French which
is my mother tongue, and also Bruno's :) ).

Many thanks for GCompris. Really. I mean it.

Yann.