[gcompris-devel] about libao on windows

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Apr 18 16:40:03 UTC 2004

I am still on the windows port.
I have been able to package our venerable gcompris in a windows regular
installer. It works / a little bit / the big problem I have is that for
an unkwnown reason it searched for intl.dll in a fixed path. In fact it
searches it where it is installed on my system but it should look at it
based on where gtk-runtime is installed.
I posted for help on the mingw list, hoping to find an answer to that.

I continued the port, now I have the clickgame working. I still should
be able to fix wordsgame that misses the keys.

Then I will have to find a way to make the chess board running. gnuchess
runs on windows but not the fork :(

Last will be the python stuff.

Now I ported soundutils to use gthreads instead of pthreads. It works on
Linux and it's commited. On windows, I have a freeze. Don't know why.

I am worryed because it seems libao is not ported on windows. It has no
windows output backend. So even if I could have lidogg and libvorbis,
compile with our oggplayer (it is not yet the case), we would still get
no sounds at all.

Anybody know how I could implement the audio output?