[gcompris-devel] gcompris works on windows

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Apr 8 16:06:14 UTC 2004

HURRA!!!

I have been able to play gcompris on windows.

I compiled it using mingw and the dropline gtk package.

I have MANY difficulties to build libraries, so this is a real hack.
Many thinks where lelt out like:
- sounds (need to make work threads and libao/ogg/vorbis)
- clickgame (due to scandir and alphasort)
- chess (due to the fork)
- python (would need more word, not checked pygtk and pygnomecanvas
  availability)

Still need to make the locale work.

I can say that I am more than please. The stuff that works and it's
already a lot works fine in most cases.
The only issue I got is the falling words that takes 2 chars on each
keystroke.

It needs more work but now I know it works, it's just a question of time
to have something usable by kids.