[gcompris-devel] Re: Using some gcompris images.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Sep 1 19:35:01 UTC 2003

As for the work part, I am starting a new job. I tried to created a
company but nothing worked as expected :(

For the images you are talking about, they where create by Pascal
Georges, a long standing contributor to gcompris.

Pascal, I believe they are under GPL even if it's not mentionned (if you
confirm, I'll add it in the README). Do you mind if they are reused by
childsplay.

For me, it's no problem.

Also, Stas, you maybe interrested in assetml that I defined to ease
image and sound exchange between project like ours.

http://freeduc.linuxtag.uni-kl.de/cps/Public/devel/assetml/assetml_description/view

It's currently implemented in the cvs version of gcompris.
I already have assetml package for voices in pt en fr de es for
alphabet, geography (country name), misc (good, excellent, ..), colors.

Feel free to reuse them as well, if we could share the same package
(rpm), it will help distro to save space.

Bruno.