[gcompris-devel] problem with sound

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 28 00:17:02 UTC 2003

Well, that's probably due to the fact that I forced libao to output
sounds through oss rather than default.

The line is in src/gcompris/oggplayer.c:
driver_id = ao_driver_id("esd");

OK, we have to add an option to gcompris to let the user pass this value
like
-A esd | oss | arts

Anybody to help on that. 3 files to change:
gcompris.c : add a command line parameter
properties.c: add a static property to record and store the user given
value
oggplayer.c: get the property and use it like in
ao_driver_id(soundDevice);

Bruno.