[gcompris-devel] about line wrap on translations

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 15:49:10 UTC 2003

Le mer 15/10/2003 à 21:35, José JORGE a écrit :
> hi,
>
> I'm not sure it is the good way to do formatting the text lines length in po
> files : when screen resolution is different, it won't fit the best.
> Can't we get the lines wrapped at display time?

The real issue would be to make sure text follow the canvas scaling as
images does. Again, it's a canvas bug or at least limitation.
I though several ways to achieve this:
1 - fix this canvas limitation
2 - We could enforce the use of the gcompris theme for fonts and return
a smaller font when when are in 640x480 (other resolution are ok).
3 - use a gtk widget to display text (it will do the wrapping for us) or
find a way to wrap the text.

I am not motivated by any of those (I mean I don't want to work on
this). Option 2 should easy to implement. Feel free to implement a
solution if you feel it.