[gcompris-devel] Conflict when installing Mandrake RPM

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 29 15:55:02 UTC 2003

When attempting to install the latest GCompris (gcompris-4.2-1-mdk92.i586.rpm),
it asks for libassetml, so I installed libassetml-1.1-1.i586.rpm.

But then when I go to install the gcompris-4.2-1-mdk92.i586.rpm, I get:

Installation failed:
        file /usr/info/dir from install of gcompris-4.2-1 conflicts with file
from package libassetml-1.1-1

Any way around this apparent catch-22?

Thanks!

--