[gcompris-devel] Gcompris on Solaris/SPARC

Dave Lopata Dave at Lopata.Net
Fri Mar 28 08:21:37 UTC 2003

Apparently, bruno <bcoudoin at silixon.com> said:
#
#OK, do you feel comfortable providing us a patch for this.
#

	Not yet (as I mentioned, I'm not a programmer), but I feel comfortable enough to *try*

	:)

#BTW, Why do you try to have gcompris running on solaris. Do you have
#solaris at home or plan to use solaris within a school ?

	I have Solaris at home (and I work for Sun), and we have many customers in schools around the world that are using Solaris on the Desktop.  I've been working with several OSD packages (generally in my spare time) to get them compiled and working on Solaris. . .Things like DansGuardian, TuxPaint, TuxTyping, et cetera.

	I confess I've been trying to get older versions of GCompris working for a while now, but gave up until the Gnome 2.0 port was available (Sun officially supports Gnome 2.0, so it's a bit easier to work with for me).

Dave/SE