[gcompris-devel] The python plugin...

Olivier Samyn osamyn at ulb.ac.be
Thu Mar 6 09:06:17 UTC 2003

Le mer 05/03/2003 à 20:12, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :
> Now, I installed
> libpython2.2-devel
> pygtk2.0-devel
>
> And I can pass the configure step.

Nice...

> Now I am in trouble with src/board/Makefile.am
>
> The first lines are not handled properly, these lines need not to start
> with space:
> python_plugin = libpython.la
> python_subdir = python
>

> Then, I don't understand why, the libpython_la_CPPFLAGS is not taken in
> account and the phyton include are not used.
> As a temporary workaround, I add them to global includes :
> INCLUDES = \
> 	-I.. \
> 	-I$(top_srcdir)/intl \
> 	$(GCOMPRIS_CFLAGS) \
> 	$(XML_CFLAGS) \
> 	$(PYTHON_CFLAGS) \
> 	$(PYGTK_CFLAGS)
>

> AND NOW I GOT THE PYTHON COMPILED !!!!
>
> Now, at running time I have :
> ./src/boards/.libs/libpython.so: undefined symbol: PyType_Type

It seems you don't used the latest patch I send monday 03-03-2003...
In this one, I made many changes including the tips of not using
*_CPPFLAGS but the generic INCLUDES...

I made also some other changes in this patch to get all working...

I also removed the macros directory and replaced it by a gnome2-macros
and some other changes in the autogen process to ensure that automake
1.6 is used (because if not you'll have problems with the if-then-else
conditions at the beginning of the Makefile.am)

So please update the cvs version using this patch (I'll send it again in
a separate message)

I don't have time today to create a patch against the current cvs, ...
and I'll go for some hollidays next week...

I hope I'll be able to reply one day to some e-mails but... I think
you'll have to consider me away for one week... sorry :(

So many of the issues I had (and I had the same as the one you have now)
disappeared by using automake >=1.6 (check your distrib is using this
one by default and not automake 1.3) and by modifying the autogen (see
the patch)

I hope you'll get it working and it will not break the cvs for one
week...

See you,

--
Olivier Samyn <osamyn at ulb.ac.be>