[gcompris-devel] Characters, was Re: Hello there!

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Thu Jan 23 01:25:04 UTC 2003

Reuben Pearse wrote:
> games, Pingu has other characters that he interacts with. What other friends
> has Tux got? Are there any other open-source/Linux characters that could be
> incorporated into gCompris to keep Tux company in future games?

I was surprised to see ClanBomber featuring tux along with the bsd
devil, a serpent (python?) and some other characters. I liked it.

Perhaps the bsd devil is a friend of tux, perhaps it's a love it/hate it
brother, perhaps it's a rival. But I think tux and the devil are well
known to each other and they respect each other (most of the time). They
stand well together against the evil, but quarrel in the absense of an
outer menace.

To picture two opponents in a game the red devil might be more suitable
than a bill like picture. Since both of them tend to play fair (side
blow intended)

;-)

I'd say that would give gcompris some awareness (perhaps sympathy) from
the BSD people, which is not bad. IMHO we have more in common than we
like to admit. This also shows that Linux is not everything in OSS.

   Christof

Disclaimer: I'm an GPL disciple but value BSD licensed software.