[gcompris-devel] How to install on a SuSE 8.0 Box?

Heinrich Götzger Heinrich.Goetzger at exploding-systems.de
Sat Jan 11 13:38:03 UTC 2003

Hi,

a friend put me on your project about software running under Linux for
young children.
Since I have a little boy myself and not running Windows I'm keen on
trying Software for the boy running on my Linux box, namely a SuSE 8.0.

So, after downloading I found out that I need another thousand libs and
rpms and need to resolv a lot of dependencies to get it running.
After more than two hours of downloading and installing I give up now.

I found myself thinking about getting some old M$ box for edu software.
But that's not what we really want, want we?

So here is my main question:
Has anyone got this running on a SuSE 8.0 which has not Gnome installed?
Please let me know how.

If this is not the right list to ask questions like this, please take my
apologies and point me to the right place.

Right now I feel like a unsuccessfully educated administrator;-)

Thanks and kind regards

Heinrich