[gcompris-devel] Re: Wishes for 2003

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jan 4 07:33:01 UTC 2003

My best wishes too!

> I would like to start a discussion about what would we like to be in
> gcompris next.
[...]
>  - What to you prefer/dislike.
>  - Where can we improve
>  - Do we need more activities, in which area ...

To improve:
- modularity of code: separate logic of a game from the graphical widget
  set. (In order to improve portability and cleanliness of code.)
  And from the sound server.
- documentation for developers: how to build a new board?
- documentation for users:
  - on line: help with a board.
  - off line: how to personalize some boards? (I.e., adding new words,
              or sums, or images ...)
- develop/adapt a "motion description" API, in order to build more
  dynamic boards.
- stability: all versions till now do crash from time to time. And they
  take my Gnome environment with them...

More activity:
- more contents (jig saws, math quizes, ...)
- cooperation with other projects, in order to share code and
  experiences. (Tuxpaint comes to my mind as an obvious candidate,
  because both projects target the same user group.)

Herman Bruyninckx
--
  K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480