[gcompris-devel] The python plugin...

Olivier Samyn osamyn at ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 26 01:03:09 UTC 2003

... is almost done :)

In fact not fully but all structures/methods/... needed to get a plugin
working are implemented.

You'll find attached here:
- A HTML file that contains the python equivalent of the C functions,
constants and enum.
- A DIFF file containing a patch against gcompris 2.3.
- A DIFF file containing a patch against current gcompris-cvs
- A PNG file required to launch the sample python board

Notice that I use automake 1.6 and autoconf 2.57... Some Makefile
constructions will not work with older versions.

Also to get it working you'll need pygtk and gnome-python and also a
python interpreter with a version >= 2.0  (already needed by pygtk...)

Here a some notes I took when creating this plugin:
- Changes in
  + configure.in
  + src/boards/Makefile.am
  + src/gcompris/Makefile.am
    Removed Gnome 1.x macros and call the Gnome 2.x one
    Many macros uses now pkg-config.
    Using pkg-config to check for libxml
    Removed GNOME_PTHREAD... since those options are included in the
    libgnome config options
    Added some missing "\" into src/boards/Makefile.am
    Replaced GNOME_XML_LIB by XML_LIBS

- Added Python checks/options into configure.in

- Added Python plugin and dependencies into
src/boards/Makefile.am
- Added Python board into boards/Makefile.am
                                                                                - Links the python library into the gcompris main. Changed src/gcompris/Makefile.am to do this.
                                                                                There is a test board named pythontest that will show you how to create a python board... but it isn't already complete...

What need to be done now:
- Wrap gameutil.h functions
- Wrap score.h functions
- Wrap timer.h functions
- Wrap bonus.h functions
- Write a real board using the python wrapper.

I'll try to finish the wrappers this week... and the borad will come
later :)

Of course, I release it now so that people may try it already !!!

Use the source !

--
Ir. Olivier Samyn <osamyn at ulb.ac.be>