[gcompris-devel] gcompris and gnome 2.2

Olivier Samyn osamyn at ulb.ac.be
Tue Feb 11 07:33:05 UTC 2003

Hi all,

To explain a bit the patch I submitted and to resume the situation here
are some tips about the problem:
 - Since Gnome 2.2 shipped out last week, no distribution ships it
already (except debian devel packages...)
 - The problem I pointed out come with >= 2.2.0 versions of
libgnomecanvas.

Also, after Marius suggest, I posted a bug report to gnome's bugzilla to
understand if the problem is a mistake into the new gnomecanvas's code
or if it is a new behaviour that gcompris will have to work with. We'll
see with time...

So, if some body (like me) want's to use gcompris with a gnome 2.2
version, we have the solution and a redy to apply patch.

Now that I fixed this issue for me, I'll be ready to take a look to the
python bindings...

Olivier

Olivier Samyn <osamyn at ulb.ac.be>